Yello Media Group Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you or that you provide to the company will be processed by the company in connection with our recruitment processes. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and other applicable local Data Protection laws, the Data Controller is Yello Media Group Ltd.
Where you apply for a job opening posted by the company, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to our processing of your personal information in addition to our other Privacy Notice, which has been provided to you separately or is available on our corporate website (https://www.yellomediagroup.com).
Where you apply for a job opening via the application function on a job site or similar online service provider (“Partner”), you should note that the relevant Partner may retain your personal data and may also collect data from us regarding the progress of your application. Any use by the Partner of your data will be in accordance with the Partner’s Privacy Notice.
We collect and process some or all the following types of information from you:
Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method- third party (recruitment agency or referral).
We rely on you freely giving your consent as the lawful basis on which the company collect and use your personal data. When you submit your personal data, you will be asked to confirm that you are giving your consent to use your data to evaluate you for potential employment with the company.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
• To consider your application in respect of other roles.
• To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
• To enhance – verify any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers such as reference checks and background checks.
• To find appropriate candidates to fill any job openings.
• To carry out reference checks provided by you or third party.
• To carry out background checks.
YMG does not use any form of automated decision making when using your personal data.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to
those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means.
Therefore, any transmission remains at your own risk.
Where we store your personal data in our systems, it is stored in our GDPR compliant cloud-based HR platform. The data that we collect from you and process may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the UK or the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK or the EEA who work for us in a country outside of the EU. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
If you would like further information, please contact us (see ‘Contact’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom or EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of the recruitment process. If you are shortlisted or hired for a position, your personal information will be retained as specified in the YMG Data Retention Policy for Employee Personal Data.
Your personal information will be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
• Deletion of your personal information by you (or by another person engaged by the you); or
• Receipt of a written request by you (or another person engaged by the you) received by YMG.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable Data Protection laws, you have several important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• Access to your personal data and certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address.
• Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
• Require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations.
• Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
• Object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing.
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
• Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data.
• Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
• Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please check with your local authorities responsible for data protection regulation in the country where you live.
• Contact us using our Contact details below.
• Provide us with enough information to identify you,
• Provide us with proof of your identity and address, and
• Advise us about the information to which your request relates.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable local Data Protection laws also give you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the country where you live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. If you consider that your enquiry or complaint has not been handled to your satisfaction, please contact the authority responsible for Data Protection laws in the country where you live. Contact details for those countries that have Supervisory Authorities are as follows:
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Recruitment Privacy Notice should be addressed to [email protected].