Marketing has never been so dynamic. Keep learning everyday to stay in front the learning curve. Our content resources captures best practices and trends and helps you to get the most out of limited budgets.
Customers More Traditional - You Need The Yellow Pages
Contrary to popular assumption, print advertising is not dead. It has simply evolved with the times, as all things must do. Particularly because yes, the Internet ushered in the wave of online advertising. But print advertising is still very much an effective and useful form of advertising and there is no better medium for print advertising, than they Yellow Pages.
You’re probably wondering how, in the pervasive digital world we live in, print advertising can still be effective. Well consider who your business is targeting. Different target audiences gravitate more strongly to different marketing channels.
And research shows that older individuals typically gravitate towards more traditional methods of advertising, like print. So if the main target audience for your business is customers 40 and over, you should not ignore print advertising as one of your marketing channels. And if you’re looking to get the most out of print advertising, Yello is the answer. .
Here are few facts to consider.
- Our research shows that in the Caribbean, print users typically refer to the Yellow Pages at least twice a day.
- 82 percent of the users of the print directory made purchases or arranged for services after using the directory.
- 80 percent of businesses and 81 percent of households own a copy of the print directory
- Yello provides the most comprehensive directory listing in all our various markets across the Caribbean
- Over 51 percent of advertisers we spoke to stated that print advertising offers the best value for their advertising and communication spend.
- More than 20 percent of businesses have been advertising with Yello (i.e. the Yellow Pages), for more than 15 years.
The latter is particularly relevant to needing the Yellow Pages is your target audience is over 40. The fact is many of the businesses that advertise with the Yellow Pages have successfully done so for years and their audience has aged along with their business.
In other words, many of their customers are as traditional as them. And traditional consumers gravitate towards traditional methods of advertising, like the print directory. Because they are more comfortable with what they know versus the new and unknown. So if your customers are still comfortable with the old tried and true traditional methods of advertise, reach out to them accordingly.