Marketing has never been so dynamic. Keep learning everyday to stay in front the learning curve. Our content resources captures best practices and trends and helps you to get the most out of limited budgets.
Current Trends in Video Marketing
It’s confirmed. Video content is a must for any marketing strategy. The last five years has seen an exponential growth in the creation and popularity of video content, not least due to the rise in smartphones and mobile devices, all equipped with camera functions.
Statistics show that more than 55% of individuals watch videos online every day, a number that is expected to keep increasing. More importantly to businesses and marketers, research shows that including videos on a landing page increases conversion rate by 80%. So yes, video content is a must for any business marketing strategy.
However, executing a successful video marketing strategy includes knowing and implementing the current trends that are dominating.
- Different Videos for Different Platforms – The digital world comes at us very quickly. This includes emerging and continually evolving platforms. And all these various platforms have their own unique qualities. In other words, businesses should not have a one size fits all approach to their video marketing strategy. Take for example that Instagram only allows for 60 secs videos in their regular feed but longer on IGTV. IGTV videos of course have to follow a certain format that’s different to regular videos on the feed. Meanwhile, YouTube allows for full-length videos. The point is, marketers need to consider their platform – e.g. will the video be uploaded to YouTube, on the company website, LinkedIn, etc. and tailor videos to said platform.
- Stories & Live Videos – Live videos, streaming and social media stories is all the rage in the world of video content. Research suggests that 80% of individuals would rather watch a live video from a brand than read their blog. And in only a few short years, Instagram Stories now draw 400 million users, according to Business Insider. Individuals respond more positively to live and streaming videos, as it creates a feeling of being there, as an event is taking place. Live videos, streaming and stories are great for businesses during new product launches, company events, conferences, etc.
- LinkedIn Native Video – LinkedIn has slowly but steadily cemented its place as a social media platform that should not be ignored, especially for B2B companies. Any business looking to establish their brand as an authority and thought leader in its industry, must be active on LinkedIn. And the social media platform has joined in the video content party. According to research provided by LinkedIn itself, video content is shared 20x more in its feeds than other content formats, and video ads on the platform generate view rates of approximately 50%
- Vlogging – Vlogging, which is exactly as its name denotes i.e. video blogging is on the rise and is expected to continue rising in the upcoming years. Blogging has long been an essential part of any business’ content marketing strategy and the rise of video content has naturally led to a shift away from the traditional text based blogs and more video focused blogs. Vlogging allows businesses to still provide the same expert knowledge that establishes them as thought leaders but in a more visual way. It also allows them to showcase a more intimate, human face to customers and target audience.
- 360 Degree Videos – Great for restaurant, travel and tourism and home and design industries, 360 degree videos create an immersive experience for consumers that allows them to have a feeling of truly experiencing a place and/or event.
Our trained specialists are ready to help you perfect your video marketing strategy. Contact us today.