5 Social Media Marketing Don'ts
In a previous article, we discussed some of the Do’s for a successful social media marketing strategy. The following are a few Don’ts to avoid to ensure that your social media marketing strategy yields the results that you want.
- Do Not Post Too Much – While it is important to be consistent with your posting, there is something to be said for overkill. No one wants to have a slew of posts or blog articles from a business flooding their timeline. Especially if you are merely repurposing the same content. The key is to maintain a steady flow of relevant and interesting content and not to overwhelm your audience.
- Do Not Ignore Comments/Questions – One of the most important metrics for social media marketing is engagement. It’s great to have a lot of followers but it is even better to have a large number of engaged followers. But to keep your audience engaged, it’s important to not ignore them. That means thanking people who have liked and left a comment on a post or blog article, responding to questions and queries, etc. If your followers start to feel like their engagement efforts are being ignored, eventually they may decide it’s not worth it and not bother.
- Avoid The Hard Sell – It is fine to use your social media page(s) to promote your brand and your products. It is a business page after all and the ultimate goal for any business is to gain customers and make a profit. However, it cannot be the only thing you use your social media pages for. It’s also important to not be too aggressive in your approach. It’s a difference between an instructional video showing how to use one of your products and making post after post that only advertises your products and makes a hard sell pitch to your audience. That is a sure-fire way to turn followers off and get them to unfollow.
- Don’t Join Every Social Media Platform – Have you ever heard the saying, just because something is popular, doesn’t mean it is right for you? The same principle applies here. It is not necessary to join every popular social media platform to have a successful social media marketing strategy. Especially if your audience may not even be on that particular platform. Consistently using two or three platforms is more than enough to have a successful social media marketing strategy. So it’s okay to not be on Tumblr, Pinterest, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. all at the same time.
- Avoid Poor Grammar/Content – Seems obvious enough but unfortunately many businesses fail at this very simple task. It is imperative to ensure that all of your content is grammatically correct, i.e. no misspellings, poor punctuation, etc. Also ensure that there are no broken links, poor images, visuals, etc. in your content.
Learn more about social media management service and contact us today get started on perfecting your social media marketing strategy.